Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sanity at Stake

I am grateful to be employed, but goodness gracious sometimes that Lab is so boring. All the work we had to complete was done at 8:20am. I work from 6am to noon. So for the remainder of my time I read a book I thankfully brought. However, I finished it at 9. I had my ipod, but no headphones. I thought I might pull my hair out staring at excel spreadsheets that needed no input for hours. I made it though! Boss man let me go home a few minutes early too. The goal for today is to apply yet another coat to the table and power nap before night number 4 of VBS.

I have been having such a great time with my 3rd grade group! They are like little knowledge sponges that soak up everything I say...when they are paying attention :)They really wear me out though. This week has been intense! (My husband would then say,'No Crissy, Camping is in tents.' He's so clever.) Working with these tykes really does make me miss working at the YMCA. I know working there caused some stress in my life :), but when I honestly reflect on my 6 years there, I learned so much and really enjoyed my time there. God really used that time to shape me more into the person He desires me to be. I have so many skills and advantages that I can attribute to my time in the childcare department of the Pickens County YMCA and for that I am grateful! Not to mention I met some of my best friends in this world while I was there. I need to go back and visit!

Working VBS and missing the Y has really had be wondering where God was going to lead me vocationally when we leave AL. I do know the area we'll be living next (midlands, SC). There are just so many things that I could see myself doing and that I know I would enjoy. I actually had a conversation about this recently with the wonderful Erica McGinley. I finally got to the point in Bama where I was content with whatever job God provided me here. Now I'm about to re locate and go through the process all over again. Since I've already done this, I would like to think that I'll do better this time, emotionally. I think I reached the point her fairly quickly due to the fact that I knew whatever I did here wouldn't last long since I knew our time here was limited. Sigh. Praying for direction and peace about it all. I know I have time, but there will be a lot going on at once with buying a house, moving, Brandon graduating Flight School and then deploying. Getting a little overwhelmed thinking about it all, but I trust my God.

1 comment:

  1. That conversation was good. Your heart is in the right place and it will unfold for you. Hope you guys had a great last night at VBS!

    ReplyDelete